Sunday, September 20, 2015

Easy Going in LA (Lower Alabama)


Early morning on the Sound
The day after seeing the Blue Angels, we finally had a day where we didn't have to be anywhere or watch the time or anything. It was wonderful!





We started the day at the pier, as per usual.








Suddenly, Alan found himself with a fishing pole in hand!
The fisherman needed help!


Teamwork














Spent time at the pool.  Stopped by Beach Liquors where they always have such an interesting assortment of beer and other refreshments.  I got myself a seasonal beer called Pumpkick and Alan got some of the 6% Root Beer he had been introduced to by our nephews in Tallahassee.





It was not until I had finished this beer that Alan's cousin informed me of the correct way to consume these seasonal pumpkin beers -  Open bottle, pour it down the drain!  Personally, I didn't think it was that bad, just not memorable!


Stopped by Publix for some food and went to the old Tringas Theatre to watch a movie while eating pizza and sharing a pitcher of beer.  Some days, this is all you need to do!




Then next day, we caught sunrise and then jumped in our car to head up to Geneva, where my Mom used to live.  There were some people I needed to see.....the main folks were Mom's dear friends, Lou and Cornelia.  We met them at the traditional location - McDonalds!






Cornelia showing me her photos on an iPhone!


Alan, Lou, Amanda and Cornelia
There we talked about old times and caught up with what was new.  Cornelia's granddaughter, Amanda, was also there and it was nice to meet her too.

We took a detour through Graceville hoping to do some shopping at their discount shops, but all the shops we had looked forward to seeing were no longer there.  Wish we had spent more time in Geneva instead, but we were not to know....however, we did manage to stop by a cotton field and get some interesting shots of cotton plants!








To ease the disappointment of Graceville, Alan very generously suggested we stop at Santa Rosa Mall for an hour or so.

First easy going day of our holiday!  




"Nothing is my guiltiest pleasure. I love it. I love doing it. I love planning to do it, I love loafing and pottering and chilling and daydreaming."

No comments:

Post a Comment